Saturday, September 11, 2010

Making Hallowe'en, pt. 4

Good evening, S&P-brains (like that one?)...

Don't get up. Stay relaxed and funky -- it's late on a Friday night (well, now early on a Saturday morning) and I don't want to interrupt any mellow Autumn toasts and tributes.

I just wanted to hop in and give you a look at some of my meager (but consistent) Hallowe'en decor progress.

First up, I gave dear, diseased Madeline Usher a decent head of hair.
I must say I like the color, and it will be a striking complement to the rest 
of her scene.

Then, I continued work on something I have so far avoided talking about here -- what is this thing?, you might ask:
By the looks of it, a beat up radio controlled car broken and reforged into
something wholly indescribable.

But really, it's the core workings of my Raven animatron.
Here's some too-dark, too-brief video of how it's beginning to move:

It will also be leaning forward, and the talking head will be atop the...

Hey, you know what?

We'll get to it when we get to it. I'll fill you in as it happens.

But I am excited!

Enjoy your weekend. I'll be building and working and on and on... using, of course,


MELTYBEADS!

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited too! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, yes. The hair color really bring out her eyes ;)

    Everything's looking really good. Can't wait to see more of the raven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to get more done over the next two days or so -- if it ends up looking anything like the original drawing, I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline looks wonderfully ghastly. Love the hair--just the right color contrast to frame her face.

    Raven is looking good, albeit a bit skinny.;)
    If he doesn't work out with the feathers, he has a good start on being Tom Servo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. S&P-brains . . .

    S&P-brains . . .

    S&P-brains . . .

    Hey!!

    ReplyDelete