Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Object lesson.

Someone always has to spoil the fun, or try to. Not unlike the bullies in the story just posted, a few people tried to inject this pub with loud, obscene drunken swearing and public displays of general annoyingocity, in the course of the last 6 hours or so.

Another fellow was not at all rude or vulgar, but obviously did not read the post about which he commented, and left a URL for his own blog which had absolutely nothing to do with what the S&P is about, or who any of us may be.

Baffling.

I was hoping to keep the feel of this fine little place as open and free as possible, but I think as we get a little more known and more often visited, it is now necessary (especially after the junk I had to clean out this morning) for your proprietor to moderate comments. That is, you can comment all you wish, but I have to approve it before it actually posts.

Of course, I'm easy. I mean really, really easy. I'll approve anything except vulgarity and ads/URLs for sites having no bearing on or relation to the essence of this site.

Do not make me send Spider after you!

This way, we can still be the family friendly (eh mostly), good-natured and free speaking place we want to be!

And to future obnoxious pub crawlers who try to ruin the fun for the rest of us, at least do yourself the service of reading the entire post and getting the feel of this place before commenting with low words, high volume and URLs for completely unrelated blogs. This way, we can actually enjoy each others' company in the future!

As Criswell says:
We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I will spend the rest of our lives! And remember my friends, future events such as these, will affect you in the future!

Please keep visiting, commenting, and sharing your own stories.

Here Comes Spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment