Monday, June 22, 2009

Introducing...

...the Lean Bros. & Ghoul! A skeletal graveyard quartet I created in 2006 to add some spooky musical fun to my display.
They were an instant hit, and I keep adding songs to their repertoire each year. They have inspired other haunters, and have generated quite a bit of interest online.
Here's a look at them before I cut her hair for that Keely Smith look, and without her shawl and gloves, in my basement a few weeks before the big night:


They are singing (well, sync'ing) to Lambert, Hendricks & Ross' 'Hallowe'en Spooks' (1959). I added a fourth vocal part (third 'guys' part) because it looked too weird to have three guys, one girl, and only two guys voices heard on the track.
Musicians will know exactly what I mean. It looked off, so I had to fix it.
It was pretty hip to be adding a very odd, cool fourth to the genius of LH&R.

Here's a close up of the Lean Bros. I think those spider/pumpkin/bat ties are so cool! (Click the image for better resolution)

They sing 7 or 8 songs now, and I'll be adding at least one more, Grim Grinning Ghosts, this year.

More Lean Bros & Ghoul will come. More pirates too.

No comments:

Post a Comment