I think we've all made that happen, and thank you so much.
But tonight I see that I've actually... I mean we've actually created a place that is not only those things, but has earned a bit of respect and admiration among other like-minded Autumn folk populating the online October Country...
I am rather proud and not a little astonished to tell you that the Skull & Pumpkin has just been handed its very first ever BLOGGING AWARD!
Now, I'll agree that this place has so many odd twists and turns and is so open to the various unraveling paths of Hallowe'en Love that it can be safely considered 'versatile', as in multi-faceted.
But to Spooky Vegan, who gave me this distinction, I must humbly bow, offer my deep gratitude and express my surprise, really -- we were just doing what we thought was meet and good!
Now, according to Spooky Vegan, there are some rules attached to this honour; I thought there might be a catch, but it's a very kind catch:
• Thank the person who gave it to you.
--- Once again, Spooky Vegan, I cannot thank you enough. Drinks and snacks on the house for the rest of the month!
• Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I despise, I mean despise, avocados and bananas;
2. I am a little hard of hearing;
3. I know way more about spiders, insects and 'bugs' than you do;
4. My favorite colors are hunter green and purple;
5. I've been to England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Thailand, Singapore and several cities in Japan (but I've never been to me!);
6. Briefs, never boxers, and
7. Good champagne makes me giggle like a debutante.
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason, and
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
These last two I HAVE done, I promise, but I thought it might be best to do so privately; they can announce it or not in their own way(s). Suffice to say they are all excellent blogs, and fine places to visit. You can see a number of them right here in my 'The Rest of the Neighborhood' links list.
So, wow... an award! Even if it goes to 15 people along with me, and to 15 more (and exponentially hundreds in the next few hours) afterwards, it's quite a thrill for me, and a lot of fun.
Thanks again, Spooky Vegan. Very cool of you.
As you were, now, everyone. Next round's on The Frog Queen!