Monday, January 10, 2011

What's that up there? (part four)

Welcome, welcome.

I know it's been a bit quiet around here.

Been taking care of the Keek all week. A pure pleasure, and completely exhausting!

There have been a few additions to the Hallowe'enly decor around the ol' S&P, and I think I should point out these two.

An advertisement for Edison's revolutionary (get it?) phonograph. 
Plus Hallowe'en. Too neat.

And then there's this gift from a friend:

Incredible imagery! Sheet music for a 1922 novelty tune by Nacio Herb Brown.

Brown was a legendary songwriter who composed (wholly and in collaboration) some very well-known tunes -- Singin' in the Rain, All I Do is Dream of You, Broadway Melody, You Stepped Out of a Dream, Make 'Em Laugh, Broadway Rhythm, You Are My Lucky Star -- and many, many others.

Perhaps I am overimpressed, but this is just an astonishing image to me. From the bizarre title graphic to the whatever-the-heck-it-is just below the li'l devil guy (I'm guessing, oh, The Sneak?!?), to the color choices, to the single eye in the tree... it's just a beaut!

Just a few looks at some neat things acquired since I last posted.

They are now, of course, a permanent part of the Skull & Pumpkin.


DDSP!

1 comment: