Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hap-E Birthday, Uncle 4E.

Another birthday to celebrate here at the ol' S&P.

Today we're celebrating the 94th anniversary of the birth of the original Sci-Fi and Monster Kid himself:

Forrest J Ackerman
November 24th, 1916 -- December 4th, 2008

Vonnetta and I had a fantastic visit to his Ackermansion back in 
January of 2002. This picture is one of my prized possessions.

Of course, patrons of the Skull & Pumpkin know all about my love for 4SJ. For a stretch it seemed that all I talked about was 4E, as I headed to Burbank and a very memorable Monsterpalooza convention with my animatronic tribute to him.

So even though I've posted this before, I'll do it once more in honor of his birthday, and let him have the (almost) final word:

Forrest J Ackerman Shall Not Die!
Amen.

DUMDUMSHREKPUNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment