Monday, October 17, 2011

A skull and pumpkin.


Yesterday was a bit of a Pumpkin Carving Day.


Kiara the Great was in rare form, using a Pumpkinmasters kit to whip up some design I'm still trying to decipher. But she loved every second of it!


The lovely V procured four or five excellent raw jack o'lanterns, and I chose the one I thought would make the oddest looking chap.


Here you can see I have already done the eyes, but I wanted you to see the warts and scars on this wonderfully warped little fellow. All of his odd features make for a glowering, grotesque but grand little gourd!


When I brought him to the S&P, he immediately began to grumble and shift, and leaving him to his own devices for a time, I eventually found him here:


... on the windowsill at the top floor landing. He obviously knew his place.

And by nightfall, well...

Now that's a skull & pumpkin!

I'm enjoying him immensely, and am quite certain the rest of our menagerie has welcomed him with open... whatever they may have.

Hallowe'en on the way... yikes!


DDSGrumble!

3 comments:

  1. He looks very much at home. Love the warts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo is great. Very unique pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really starting to feel like the season, huh? Wow, that last pic really spells Halloween night at 2:00 am for me.

    ReplyDelete