Come celebrate the darkness by bringing your light.


Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The music returns.

Welcome back, dear S&P'ers.

Please sit where you like, I'll get to all of you in turn.

But I want to tell you first -- I have finally found our old Hallowe'enith console radio in the attic of this humble house (an adventure I am loathe to recall, as it was dark, terrifying, dangerous and lasted almost a week)!


I finally got it back in place, dusted it off, a little spit and polish, some lemon oil to get her shining again... and I was worried that she might not play after spending such a long time in dark disrepair.

But my fears were unfounded. As soon as I plugged her into the sparking, smoking wall socket, she began to crackle and hum and pop and warm up and then... ah!

Our kind of music, once again filling the air in our little homely house. Joy.

It's in no particular order for now, but they are classics of the S&P, and I am sure most of you remember them well...

-- Moon & Sand, a beautiful bossa nova piece from jazz guitar maestro Kenny Burrell.

-- My own humble piano jazz reworking of the Haunted Mansion's Grim Grinning Ghosts.

-- The Shape of the Land, a thoughtful, melancholy instrumental by Philip Aaberg.

-- Pumpkintime, the official incidental music of the S&P, by the Anger-Higbie Quintet.

-- Our beloved, official S&P theme song, Vince Guaraldi's timeless Great Pumpkin Waltz.

-- Stars, the closing piece from George Winston's seminal work Autumn.


I am sure you know what to do. Pick one, pick all, play, pause, stop, replay, it's all in your hands, dear ones.


Ah! It is good to have our songs playing again. They bring back some fond memories and wonderful feelings.

I hope you feel the same way.



So turn 'er up and raise 'em high... to our kind of music...

DUMDUMSHREKPOP!




1 comment:

  1. Halloween Greetings from Castle Fester, here in the Wilds of Spokanistan!

    Hope you all are well and happy.

    DDSP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete